Both Sides Now – Somewhere between Hong Kong and the UK presents contemporary and historical film and video work from the UK, Hong Kong and China, curated by Isaac Leung of Videotage and Jamie Wyld of videoclub. The films explore developments within the culture and society of Hong Kong and China over the past three decades, including work which reflects on the on-going dynamics of cultures in Hong Kong, China, and the UK. The programme contains work by some of the UK’s, Hong Kong and China’s most exciting artists working in film and video, and varies between animation, documentary and artist’ moving image.
Screenings in the UK
- 24 June 2014 : FACT, Liverpool
- 26 June 2014 : Duke’s at Komedia, Brighton
- 05 July 2014 : Whitechapel Gallery, London
- 13 July 2014 : Floating Cinema, King’s Cross, London
- 30 July 2014 : Star and Shadow Cinema, Newcastle